Terms & Conditions
The information provided by you will be used to determine if your registration of interest is accepted. The completion, and processing of this data does not confer any right upon the applicant to attend the Commonwealth forums.
1.0 Registering your interest
1.1 All expressions of interest for the Commonwealth Forums 2018 are subject to successful registration, and security checks by our security partners. This includes if you have attended any of the Commonwealth Forums in previous years and if you have expressly been invited to register your interest for 2018. Please note, registrations of interest can only be made online.
2.0 Acceptance, and successful registration of interest
2.1 Successful applicants will receive email confirmation of their right to attend the Commonwealth Forums 2018. Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) still retain the right to revoke the successful application at any time.
3.1 When attending the Commonwealth Forums 2018 you are required to show a valid delegate pass. In order to obtain the pass you are required to bring with you a valid form of Photo ID (e.g. Drivers Licence, Passport, National ID card). HMG reserves the right to refuse admission to any person without providing a reason during the period of the event.
4.0 Delegate substitutions and cancellations
4.1 HMG will not permit any substitutions of parties already accepted to attend.
5.0 Programme alterations
5.1 HMG reserves the right to alter the content and timing of the event or service, the identity of the speakers, location and/or the venue of the Commonwealth Forums 2018 due to unforeseen circumstances.
6.0 Postponement or Cancellation of event by HMG
6.1 Her Majesty’s Government will not be liable to you for any costs or losses you incur as a result of postponement or cancellation.
7.0 Force Majeure Circumstances
7.1 Should HMG be unable to perform any obligations under these Terms and Conditions due to causes or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to any Act of God, war or threatened war, terrorism or threatened terrorism, fire, flood, drought, strike, lock out or actions of the venue, HMG will not be liable to you for any losses or claims arising from this.
7.2 If you are unable to attend the event or receive the service due to causes or circumstances beyond your reasonable control, but the event or service remains unaffected, HMG will not be liable to you for any costs or losses.
Your Rights and Data Protection
Her Majesty’s Government (we, us, our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
This Privacy & Cookies Policy (Policy), together with any other documents referred to on the https://register.chogms2018.org.uk website (our site) set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By continuing to use our site or any of the functionalities displayed on it you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), we are the data controller and are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Where any processing is carried out on our behalf, they do so purely as data processors for the purposes of the Act.
Information We may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on Our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the contact functionalities via our site, participate in any interactive services which We operate via our site or social media platforms, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include without limitation your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, lifestyle and social circumstances, education and employment details, racial or ethnic origin, religious or other beliefs of a similar nature, personal description, and photograph.
- Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site We may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information We receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate from time to time or the other services we provide. We may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, survey and research organisations, professional advisors, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting/Analytics cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. If you don’t want analytics cookies to be used when visiting our site then you can remove them by following these steps: (a) click ‘Tools’ and select ‘Internet Options’; (b) click the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Advanced’; (c) click ‘Override automatic cookie handling’; and (d) specify how you wish to handle cookies from first and third party websites.
- Session cookies. These cookies store your browsing information and will be active until you leave our site and close your browser at which point they are erased.
- Persistent cookies. These cookies stay in one of a browser’s subfolders until they are deleted manually or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the persistent cookie’s file. You can set your browser to automatically remove these cookies.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
For more information about cookies, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
to process your expression of interest, this includes passing the information you provide on to our security partners in order to process background security checks;
Stored by a relevant Constabulary on a computer system in connection with the policing arrangements for the Commonwealth Forums as part of CHOGM 2018;
to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
[borrow line from shorter T&Cs about passing on to partners]
to notify you about changes to our service;
to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Once submitted, your contact details will be retained by HMG, and organising partners until 2 years after the end of Commonwealth Forums 2018.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to opt in to such processing by checking certain boxes on the registration form we use to collect your data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes We may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.